Cider Sparkling drink blog
Some blogs about cider. The origin of cider goes back to the dawn of time. We find traces of this "apple wine" among the Hebrews, Romans and Greeks. ... In Biscay (Basque Country) was consumed "Phitarra", a drink obtained from pieces of apples and honey boiled in water. Light and sweet, the taste of sweet cider approaches apple juice. Raw cider is less sweet, with a maximum of 28 g of sugar per liter, and generally has around 4 to 5% vol. Its distinctive flavor is accompanied by a thirst-quenching effect. Cider is also a source of sorbitol, a natural polyol that aids digestion by promoting bile secretion and transit. Finally, it is rich in polyphenols, powerful antioxidants found in certain fruits and vegetables that fight against the effects of aging. A drink that has it all! It is a way of consuming apples in a liquid way. Cider was a sovereign drink. Hippocrates already recommends all the benefits of "apple wine" a drink made from fermented juice which truly becomes cider during the first millennium. We owe its invention to the inhabitants of Biscay in northern Spain. For your store or establishment, do not hesitate to contact our expert digital agency for all your digital needs: virtual tour, sponsored article, ... explore our digital services : virtual visit for showroom, 360 ° photo, panorama, virtual solution and ask for your free quote.
- Want To Join Our Market Team? May 23, 2022Haykin Family Cider is looking for new friendly faces to join our Market Team. We are looking for fun, dynamic, and excited apple enthusiasts to help taste and sell cider at farmers markets around Denver and Boulder and in our tasting room! If you like being outdoors, chatting with foodies, shocking people with how cool […]Talia Haykin
- FOURTH ANNIVERSARY PARTY January 18, 2022What a crazy ride this year (these two years?) has been! We started to feel some normalcy this year, life started to come back a little bit. We are so excited so celebrate our fourth year with you in person again. It’s one of our favorite times of the year - getting to meet our […]Talia Haykin
- Appalachian Apple Hunter June 22, 2021Here’s a fascinating article from Atlas Obscura about Tom Brown, an Appalachian apple hunter who has rescued 1000 varieties from disappearing! It’s an interesting piece that shows how important this work is and why we don’t have much longer to get information from our elders. Commercial orchards in the U.S. grew about 14,000 unique apple […]Talia Haykin
- SUMMER CIDER SOCIETY BOX June 24, 2022This June, we released our latest Cider Society Box, complete with four bottles of Virtue Cider including Abeille, goldenhour, Les Fleurs Royales, and Papillon. The Cider Society Box brings the glow of goldenhour, the scent of lavender and the taste of sweet, local honey right to your doorstep. Abeille is a cider with honey that […]Virtue Cider (admin)
- PRIDE IN WEST MICHIGAN June 12, 2022PRIDE in Holland, Michigan is a celebratory time of the wonderful, beautiful, and resilient members of the LGBTQ+ community and its allies. This year, we have the privilege of hosting the Holland PRIDE Drag Show, an afterparty to Holland Pride, at Virtue Farm. Coming back for a second year, the PRIDE Drag Show will feature […]Virtue Cider (admin)
- FATHER'S DAY GIFTING June 6, 2022Dads can be hard to shop for. We put together our top three gift ideas for the father figure in your life. Whether it’s a dad, grandfather, friend, or uncle, Father’s Day is a time to celebrate important people in your life. 1. Father's Day BBQ Bundle Stuffed with Old Spot 2019 (500mL) and 2021 […]Virtue Cider (admin)
- Cheers to Cider + Community + Collabs! June 9, 2022Cider Summit Portland’s back this weekend, June 10-11, after a 2-year hiatus. Our favorite cider festival of the year, we can’t wait to debut TWO brand-new ciders, plus showcase collab cider pairings for the first time ever. Cider and donuts anyone?Portland Cider
- Join the PDX Bucket List Photo Challenge May 29, 2022With sunshine weather on the horizon, we’ve put together our first ever #PDXBucketList challenge. Win fun monthly prizes of local goodies by simply sharing your best photos - including a Portland Staycation grand prize.Portland Cider
- Signs of Summer Sparkle At Portland Cider With Release of Tangerine Dreamsicle and Passion Orange Guava Ciders May 23, 2022Summer is just around the corner at Portland Cider Co., heralded by the release of two refreshing seasonal cider creations: Passion Orange Guava (POG) and Tangerine Dreamsicle.Portland Cider
- Interview series: MATT ON THE ENERGY OF UNCERTAINTY May 11, 2022The BRIX PROJECT interview series is a collection of conversations with the leaders of this three-year USDA-funded grant project.The BRIX PROJECT project shines a light on the power that partnerships between farms and restaurants have to shape the local economy. Brix is working with UW Madison for food sourcing analysis and outreach that can be […]Jonnah Perkins
- Interview series: JULES ON WHERE ACADEMIA MEETS GRASSROOTS April 28, 2022The BRIX PROJECT interview series is a collection of conversations with the leaders of this three-year USDA-funded grant project.The BRIX PROJECT project shines a light on the power that partnerships between farms and restaurants have to shape the local economy. Brix is working with UW Madison for food sourcing analysis and outreach that can be […]Jonnah Perkins
- Growing Apples through Unpredictable Spring Weather April 3, 2022Having lived in Wisconsin for a while now, I’ve become familiar with the infamous Wisconsin “false spring” - that period in late February or early March when the sun comes out and we get a hint of warm weather before, inevitably, the snow and cold return. This year, we had a few weeks in early […]Jules Reynolds
- Mill Farm Dinning Society & Twisted Cider May 9, 2022Mill Farm Dining Society with Chef Oli Kahan Join the Mill Farm Dining Society on Thursday, 19th May, for the very next event in the society calendar, ‘Let’s Get Twisted’! In partnership with our friends at Mill Farm, Chef Oli Kahan presents a beautiful menu designed with cider pairings in mind. Expect… The post Mill […]Twisted Cider
- Local Spotlight: Cow & Apple December 6, 2021Aside from ensuring a consistent stream of quality South West cider varieties, here at Twisted Cider we are also heavily committed to upholding community values. The power and importance of community cannot be understated in the modern world, something we found out during the heart-warming local reaction to our devastating fire last… The post Local […]Twisted Cider
- Celebrating Apple Day September 26, 2021It’s Apple Day on the 25 th of September and at Twisted Cider we love apples more than most. In fact, we go absolutely bonkers for apples, which is why our passionately produced South West cider is so tasty. Situated in Spring Farm, just outside Longburton in Dorset, the Twisted Cider HQ… The post Celebrating […]Twisted Cider
About the author of the article : Gérald Mardirossian Digital Expert
Gérald is a high-level digital expert and a digital enthusiast. Having attended elitist establishments during his studies such as Henri IV and the Sorbonne, he is one of the over-educated individuals of his generation. Holder of diplomas in HR (Human Resources), digital communication and communication / semiology, he also has multiple accreditations from the largest companies in the digital world : Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Hubspot, Salesforce, CPanel University, United States Institute of Peace (USIP), Agence nationale de la sécurité des systèmes d'information (ANSSI), etc. With many years of digital experience in different fields: associations, tourism, distributor, software publisher ... Gérald Mardirossian had the opportunity to work on both B2B and B2C issues. With many talents, he has already worked on web projects of various types, redesign, development, integration, modernization, website evolution, UX redesign, marketing automation, lead generation, outsourcing, emailing, etc. If you have a digital need or a project, you can contact us.
Few data about the author / Google Maps Photographer / Digital Expert
Gérald has been a member of the Google Local Guide community for many years as well as a certified member and expert on Google products, Google Maps, Google Street View, Google My Business, virtual tour, 360 ° photo, virtual photo event, wedding, real estate, etc.