Hearing Blog Hearing better Hearing Aids
Some blogs about hearing. 10 million people have hearing problems, ie 16% of the French population. For 5.4 million of these people, there are repercussions on daily life, i.e. 8.6% of the French population. After 50 years, one in three people have hearing difficulties, and more than one in two after 80 years. Hearing loss is measured in decibels by an average on both ears: Loss of 20 to 70 decibels: these are people who are hard of hearing. The deafness is then said to be "mild", from - 25 to - 40 decibels; "Medium", from - 40 to - 70 decibels; Loss greater than 70 decibels: these are deaf people. The number of cases then continues to increase with age, deafness affecting 6% of 15-24 year olds, 9% of 25-34 year olds, 18% of 35-44 year olds and over 65% of over 65s . You can learn to recognize all the noises you hear, whether weak or loud, and try to locate them. Reading aloud and practicing listening to a conversation with background noise can also help you develop your hearing. Participating in physical activity contributes to good blood circulation, which not only benefits your hearing but also your brain activity. Prefer a headset to headphones if you play sports to music and set the volume to the lowest. For your store or establishment, do not hesitate to contact our expert digital agency for all your digital needs: virtual tour, sponsored article, ... explore our digital services : virtual visit for showroom, 360 ° photo, panorama, virtual solution and ask for your free quote.
- These Everyday Medications Can Cause Ringing in The Ears September 16, 2021Are your ears suddenly ringing? Check to see if you're using any of these common medicines.
- Why You Should Watch Your Aunt’s Hearing September 9, 2021If her hearing slips, so will her health. Here's what to watch for.
- 3 Things You Should Understand About Hearing Protection September 2, 2021Your hearing protection won't work if you don't do this.
Latest news from : Audiology & Hearing Aid Center, LLC (health hearing science )
- Lipreading classes – a lifeline to people with hearing loss in lockdown and beyond September 10, 2021By Lorraine Braggins Everyone felt cut off from friends and family during lockdown. But for those with hearing loss, feeling isolated can be a daily occurrence even in normal times. Losing your hearing can have a drastic effect on every day communication with family, friends, colleagues and people you encounter out and about in daily […]
- Research into sensory impairment & pharmaceutical care of older people – Scotland September 8, 2021The Scottish Sensory Hub at the Health and Social Care Alliance is collaborating with the University of Strathclyde on a research project focused on the improving the pharmaceutical care of older people with sensory loss. The title of the study is SIPA2: Sensory Impairment and the Pharmaceutical Care of Older People and it is led […]
- HEAR Today exhibition to take place in Kent September 6, 2021An exhibition that focuses on technology and services designed to make life easier for people with hearing loss will take place this month (September) in Orpington, Kent. The HEAR Today exhibition will take place on Saturday 18th September at Orpington Methodist Church, 19 Sevenoaks Rd, Orpington BR6 9JH from 10-4pm. Admission to the event is […]
Latest news from : Lorna Armstrong (health hearing science )
- Do Kids Experience Tinnitus? September 13, 2021Have you ever wondered if kids experience tinnitus? That ringing or buzzing sound can be extremely annoying, affect your concentration, and even make it harder to sleep. Adults with hearing loss often have tinnitus, but ... Read More The post Do Kids Experience Tinnitus? appeared first on My Hearing Centers.
- People with Diabetes who Smoke: Higher Risk for Hearing Loss September 10, 2021Everyone knows what cigarette smoke is bad for you. But not everyone knows that smoking can lead to diabetes. And if you smoke and have diabetes, you have a much higher risk of hearing loss! ... Read More The post People with Diabetes who Smoke: Higher Risk for Hearing Loss appeared first on My Hearing […]
- Hearing Loss is Often Accompanied By Other Health Issues September 1, 2021We don’t often think about our health and wellbeing until something goes wrong. And when we do notice a health issue, we tend to think about each issue in isolation. We forget that the body ... Read More The post Hearing Loss is Often Accompanied By Other Health Issues appeared first on My Hearing Centers.
Latest news from : My Hearing Centers (health hearing science )
- Help SoundPrint Promote Safe Noise Levels September 14, 2021I didn’t remember things being this loud. During the pandemic, I spent most of my time outside of New York City in the glorious quiet of upstate New York. But as in-person school resumes for my son, we are spending more time in the city — and boy is it loud! The traffic. The construction. Continue […]
- How to Rebuild Your Hearing Loss Party Skills September 7, 2021As the world emerges from its pandemic bubble, we must all learn to socialize again. For people with hearing loss, this means learning to ‘hear’ again in difficult listening situations like cocktail parts and other groups events. In this article for HHTM, I share my tips for rebuilding your hearing loss party skills post-pandemic. An excerpt Continue […]
- CODA Movie Provides Interesting Take on the Deaf Experience August 31, 2021I find most movies about hearing loss and deafness disappointing—Sound of Metal is a perfect example—because they contain inaccuracies or they portray the Deaf experience as representative of all people with hearing loss. Our documentary We Hear You tries to offset this trend by focusing specifically on the hearing loss experience. But CODA, the new Continue […]
Latest news from : Shari Eberts (health hearing science )
- Can I Get PIP For Hearing Loss? Your Questions Answered August 26, 2021If your hearing loss leaves you suffering daily, you could be eligible for Personal Independence Payment (PIP) — whether you’re in work or not. These benefits are to help people who suffer from conditions that impact their daily life. It can be quite a daunting task to carry out a PIP application, so we’ve outlined... […]
- How To Safely Remove Earwax: Top Tips August 12, 2021Why Do We Get Earwax? Earwax is a substance produced by the ear so it can protect and clean itself. Though it gets its name from its waxy texture, earwax is not a wax! Earwax is made up of sebum created by glands in the ear canal mixed with dust, dirt and skin cells. The... […]
- Tinnitus Caused by Loud Noise: Will It Go Away? July 30, 2021If you’ve been subjected to loud noise and now have tinnitus, you’ll be wondering if and when it will go away — but the answer is not always clear. Exposure to many kinds of loud noises can damage the delicate parts of the ear responsible for hearing and cause hearing loss that’s temporary or even... […]
Latest news from : admin (health hearing science )
Gérald is a high-level digital expert and a digital enthusiast. Having attended elitist establishments during his studies such as Henri IV and the Sorbonne, he is one of the over-educated individuals of his generation. Holder of diplomas in HR (Human Resources), digital communication and communication / semiology, he also has multiple accreditations from the largest companies in the digital world : Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Hubspot, Salesforce, CPanel University, United States Institute of Peace (USIP), Agence nationale de la sécurité des systèmes d'information (ANSSI), etc. With many years of digital experience in different fields: associations, tourism, distributor, software publisher ... Gérald Mardirossian had the opportunity to work on both B2B and B2C issues. With many talents, he has already worked on web projects of various types, redesign, development, integration, modernization, website evolution, UX redesign, marketing automation, lead generation, outsourcing, emailing, etc. If you have a digital need or a project, you can contact us.
Few data about the author / Google Maps Photographer / Digital Expert
Gérald has been a member of the Google Local Guide community for many years as well as a certified member and expert on Google products, Google Maps, Google Street View, Google My Business, virtual tour, 360 ° photo, virtual photo event, wedding, real estate, etc.