Hearing Blog Hearing better Hearing Aids
Some blogs about hearing. 10 million people have hearing problems, ie 16% of the French population. For 5.4 million of these people, there are repercussions on daily life, i.e. 8.6% of the French population. After 50 years, one in three people have hearing difficulties, and more than one in two after 80 years. Hearing loss is measured in decibels by an average on both ears: Loss of 20 to 70 decibels: these are people who are hard of hearing. The deafness is then said to be "mild", from - 25 to - 40 decibels; "Medium", from - 40 to - 70 decibels; Loss greater than 70 decibels: these are deaf people. The number of cases then continues to increase with age, deafness affecting 6% of 15-24 year olds, 9% of 25-34 year olds, 18% of 35-44 year olds and over 65% of over 65s . You can learn to recognize all the noises you hear, whether weak or loud, and try to locate them. Reading aloud and practicing listening to a conversation with background noise can also help you develop your hearing. Participating in physical activity contributes to good blood circulation, which not only benefits your hearing but also your brain activity. Prefer a headset to headphones if you play sports to music and set the volume to the lowest. For your store or establishment, do not hesitate to contact our expert digital agency for all your digital needs: virtual tour, sponsored article, ... explore our digital services : virtual visit for showroom, 360 ° photo, panorama, virtual solution and ask for your free quote.
- Improving Communication with Your Family September 23, 2022If someone in your family struggles to hear, you’ve probably all experienced the frustration of trying to communicate. Maybe you feel ignored, your loved one feels isolated, and your family dynamic isn’t what it used to be. If you want to solve your communication problems, here are a few tips for the whole family on […]Dr. Ross Cushing
- Earbud Use Could Harm Your Hearing September 12, 2022Reading is less critical in today’s media environment than listening. People have been getting news from TV and radio for decades, but this was primarily heard through speakers. Even though there has been a steady rise in video and audio news and media over the past 100 years, we are still looking for safe ways […]Dr. Ross Cushing
- Everyday Activities That Could Harm Your Hearing August 15, 2022We absorb a range of sounds everyday. From mundane background noise like an a/c unit or traffic, to listening to music, and watching tv – sound is so much a part of daily life. Did you know that some of the noise we experience regularly can actually damage hearing? Loud noise is a common cause […]Dr. Ross Cushing
- Services update – September 2022 September 30, 2022By Nicholas Orpin September felt like a real extension to the summer as we continued the charity’s 40th Anniversary celebrations with an excellent day in Belfast. It was a great opportunity to thank the amazing volunteers, most of whom I had met at June’s LinkUp Group, and also to meet and hear the stories of […]Neil Matthews
- What’s a dog going to do? September 29, 2022Volunteer Gareth gives us a special peek into his life with Domino. A week ago, the dog trainer came to our house, put Domino and the two bags I’d packed with all his possessions into her car, and drove him to the house where he’ll start his working life as an Accredited Hearing Dog. He’s […]Neil Matthews
- Claim your free place on a Grange tour September 29, 2022Great news! Tours of The Grange are back. They’ll be on Tuesday afternoons for a limited season of dates from until November. General bookings can be made here. We have a small number of spaces available on certain dates available free of charge to registered volunteers, currently as follows:- • Tuesday 11 October (2 vol […]Neil Matthews
- Communication Obstacles Can Be a Sign of Hearing Loss September 30, 2022Have you ever had trouble hearing in very noisy places? You might be able to talk to someone when it’s quiet, but you might not be able to understand what they’re saying when there’s a ... Read More The post Communication Obstacles Can Be a Sign of Hearing Loss appeared first on My Hearing Centers.My Hearing Centers
- Getting Acquainted To Your Hearing Aids September 28, 2022Despite popular misconceptions, hearing aids don’t work the same way as glasses. Losing your hearing is gradual, and regaining those sounds takes time. So getting used to your hearing aid can take a while. You ... Read More The post Getting Acquainted To Your Hearing Aids appeared first on My Hearing Centers.My Hearing Centers
- How Treating Hearing Loss Can Help Support Your Mental Health September 24, 2022Although hearing loss is commonly associated with aging, it affects people of all ages in vast numbers. And with hearing loss comes many mental health risks, especially if the hearing loss is left untreated. A ... Read More The post How Treating Hearing Loss Can Help Support Your Mental Health appeared first on My Hearing […]My Hearing Centers
- Hearing Loss—Talk Siri to Me October 4, 2022Siri doesn’t always understand us. Hey Siri, what’s the latest weather forecast? I didn’t get that. So we repeat it. Hey Siri, what’s the latest weather forecast? But this time we face the phone, position our mouth close to the microphone and ask the question in a loud and clear voice, enunciating each syllable of Continue […]Shari Eberts
- Join SoundPrint’s Find Your Quiet Place Challenge September 27, 2022As the weather turns cold, restaurant dining moves inside. And noise levels rise. Heat lamps for outdoor dining became more common in the pandemic, but the spaces are still pretty enclosed. It’s like eating inside, only outside bundled up in your winter coat! No matter where you eat, noise levels are high with reverberant spaces, Continue […]Shari Eberts
- Do You Laugh or Cry at Hearing Loss Hiccups? September 20, 2022Misunderstandings and communication boo boos are a normal part of the hearing loss life, but when they happen, do you laugh or do you cry? Sometimes it’s hard to decide in that exact moment. If I am embarrassed or my confidence is shaken I may feel a bit teary, although I do my best to Continue […]Shari Eberts
- Is Tinnitus Caused by Earwax a Real Thing? May 27, 2022Earwax is a natural secretion found in the ear with an important function. Earwax, also known as cerumen, keeps the ear canal lubricated — protecting the inner ear from dirt and bacteria. In turn, this helps prevent ear infections. Sometimes, too much earwax can build up in the ear. There are a several reasons why... […]Ninja
- What Is the Best Way to Remove Earwax Safely? May 13, 2022Earwax might seem a little gross, but it’s essential to your ear’s function. Earwax is a natural cleanser that picks up dead skin cells, dirt and hair — protecting the ear canal from harmful debris. Studies have shown that earwax possesses antibacterial and antifungal properties, all the more reason to leave it alone. But, excessive... […]Ninja
- How to Clean Your Ears Without Using Cotton Buds April 22, 2022The body produces earwax, also known as cerumen, to collect and trap dirt and bacteria in your ear. As a self-cleaning agent, removing earwax from your ear isn’t necessary. Inserting a cotton swab or any other object into your ear risks damaging the eardrum or ear canal. Cerumen is beneficial for several reasons: It traps... […]Ninja
Gérald is a high-level digital expert and a digital enthusiast. Having attended elitist establishments during his studies such as Henri IV and the Sorbonne, he is one of the over-educated individuals of his generation. Holder of diplomas in HR (Human Resources), digital communication and communication / semiology, he also has multiple accreditations from the largest companies in the digital world : Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Hubspot, Salesforce, CPanel University, United States Institute of Peace (USIP), Agence nationale de la sécurité des systèmes d'information (ANSSI), etc. With many years of digital experience in different fields: associations, tourism, distributor, software publisher ... Gérald Mardirossian had the opportunity to work on both B2B and B2C issues. With many talents, he has already worked on web projects of various types, redesign, development, integration, modernization, website evolution, UX redesign, marketing automation, lead generation, outsourcing, emailing, etc. If you have a digital need or a project, you can contact us.
Few data about the author / Google Maps Photographer / Digital Expert
Gérald has been a member of the Google Local Guide community for many years as well as a certified member and expert on Google products, Google Maps, Google Street View, Google My Business, virtual tour, 360 ° photo, virtual photo event, wedding, real estate, etc.