Cider Sparkling drink blog
Some blogs about cider. The origin of cider goes back to the dawn of time. We find traces of this "apple wine" among the Hebrews, Romans and Greeks. ... In Biscay (Basque Country) was consumed "Phitarra", a drink obtained from pieces of apples and honey boiled in water. Light and sweet, the taste of sweet cider approaches apple juice. Raw cider is less sweet, with a maximum of 28 g of sugar per liter, and generally has around 4 to 5% vol. Its distinctive flavor is accompanied by a thirst-quenching effect. Cider is also a source of sorbitol, a natural polyol that aids digestion by promoting bile secretion and transit. Finally, it is rich in polyphenols, powerful antioxidants found in certain fruits and vegetables that fight against the effects of aging. A drink that has it all! It is a way of consuming apples in a liquid way. Cider was a sovereign drink. Hippocrates already recommends all the benefits of "apple wine" a drink made from fermented juice which truly becomes cider during the first millennium. We owe its invention to the inhabitants of Biscay in northern Spain. For your store or establishment, do not hesitate to contact our expert digital agency for all your digital needs: virtual tour, sponsored article, ... explore our digital services : virtual visit for showroom, 360 ° photo, panorama, virtual solution and ask for your free quote.
- Appalachian Apple Hunter June 22, 2021Here’s a fascinating article from Atlas Obscura about Tom Brown, an Appalachian apple hunter who has rescued 1000 varieties from disappearing! It’s an interesting piece that shows how important this work is and why we don’t have much longer to get information from our elders. Commercial orchards in the U.S. grew about 14,000 unique apple […]
- Third Anniversary (no party) 🙁 January 22, 2021Well, 2020 has struck again, even if it is 2021. I saw a meme that said “2021 is just 2020 with bangs” and it just feels so accurate. We are so bummed that we won’t be able to have an anniversary party this year. Last year, I wrote this whole blog about all the things […]
- Virtual Cider and Chocolate Tastings January 22, 20212020 (and now 2021) certainly don’t make having fun easy! So we decided to help with that. I’ve been dabbling in virtual tastings this past fall and it’s been a lot of fun. Come February, celebrate your bestie or your love with a night of cider and chocolate. We have two virtual tastings on the […]
Latest news from : Talia Haykin (cider cocktail drink health)
- ANNE'S APPLE PIE November 17, 2021At Virtue Farm, Chef Anne has a fun twist on the classic apple pie. We sat down with Chef to learn how to make Virtue Farm’s famous hand-pies at home. Perfect to share with friends around the campfire without all the mess of a full slice.More
- CIDER SOCIETY IS HERE September 15, 2021Fall is here and for Virtue Cider that means apples, apples, and more apples. Today we launch the Cider Society; a celebration of the leaves changing, the cool, crisp air, and our annual harvest. The Cider Society is made for those who want to delve further into the world of cider. Get four bottles of […]
- VIRTUE CIDER SAFETY PROTOCOL June 29, 2021The health and safety of our employees & friends in our Fennville community continue to be our top priority. More
Latest news from : Virtue Cider (admin) (cider cocktail drink health)
- Perfectly Paired: Cider + Donuts January 15, 2022We are fortunate to live in a world with almost endless cider varieties. We are even more fortunate because here in Portland, there’s countless sizes, shapes and flavors of incredible donuts. It’s a font of inspiration for our cider-making crew, but also for YOU, because there are infinite cider and donut combinations to try!
- Rooted in our Team: Helen Lewis January 8, 2022In her almost six years with the company, Helen has watched Portland Cider grow and change, but has been committed to maintaining its connection to its roots. Even now, Helen says, “People see the name ‘Portland Cider’ and assume we’re a really big company, but we’re still just a husband-and-wife-owned company making the best cider […]
- Cheers to 2022! What to watch for in Portland in the coming year. December 28, 2021As we prepare to put the old year to bed, it’s good to reflect on the lessons of the year behind us. But we’ve always got our eyes on the road ahead at Portland Cider, and we’re already making plans for a 2022 worth celebrating.
Latest news from : Portland Cider (cider cocktail drink health)
- More Than a Story of an Apple Press November 19, 2021This apple press has a story to tell. It’s a story of failed dreams brought back to life. It’s a story of faith in others. It’s a story of serendipity, patience, persistence, and resourcefulness. It’s a story of pulling through at the last minute to get the cider we needed during an otherwise terrible apple […]
- How to Farm-to-Table August 4, 2021A few months ago I wrote a guest blog post asking the question “How much local food does Brix actually buy?” (Answer: it’s impressive.) In that post I acknowledged the effort Brix puts into farm-to-table sourcing so that, by eating at Brix, I can engage with a more local, ethical food system. And that made […]
- A Thank You and Field Report From the Brix Biking Bird Brigade June 30, 2021As a previous blog post detailed, Brix participated in this year’s Wisconsin Natural Resource Foundations Great Wisconsin Birdathon. Early on June 1st, our crew set out to see how many species of birds we could find in a tour of the watersheds we call home. We had a lot of fun and saw a ton […]
Latest news from : Matt Raboin (cider cocktail drink health)
- Local Spotlight: Cow & Apple December 6, 2021Aside from ensuring a consistent stream of quality South West cider varieties, here at Twisted Cider we are also heavily committed to upholding community values. The power and importance of community cannot be understated in the modern world, something we found out during the heart-warming local reaction to our devastating fire last… The post Local […]
- Celebrating Apple Day September 26, 2021It’s Apple Day on the 25 th of September and at Twisted Cider we love apples more than most. In fact, we go absolutely bonkers for apples, which is why our passionately produced South West cider is so tasty. Situated in Spring Farm, just outside Longburton in Dorset, the Twisted Cider HQ… The post Celebrating […]
- Dorchester Cider Festival on Saturday 21 st August August 19, 2021Don’t miss Twisted Cider at the Dorchester Cider Festival on Saturday 21 st August Seemingly against all odds, it has been a busy summer for Twisted Cider as we continue creating our passionately made Dorset cider, whilst also heading out to various events across the South West. Over the last few months,… The post Dorchester […]
Latest news from : Twisted Cider (cider cocktail drink health)
Gérald is a high-level digital expert and a digital enthusiast. Having attended elitist establishments during his studies such as Henri IV and the Sorbonne, he is one of the over-educated individuals of his generation. Holder of diplomas in HR (Human Resources), digital communication and communication / semiology, he also has multiple accreditations from the largest companies in the digital world : Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Hubspot, Salesforce, CPanel University, United States Institute of Peace (USIP), Agence nationale de la sécurité des systèmes d'information (ANSSI), etc. With many years of digital experience in different fields: associations, tourism, distributor, software publisher ... Gérald Mardirossian had the opportunity to work on both B2B and B2C issues. With many talents, he has already worked on web projects of various types, redesign, development, integration, modernization, website evolution, UX redesign, marketing automation, lead generation, outsourcing, emailing, etc. If you have a digital need or a project, you can contact us.
Few data about the author / Google Maps Photographer / Digital Expert
Gérald has been a member of the Google Local Guide community for many years as well as a certified member and expert on Google products, Google Maps, Google Street View, Google My Business, virtual tour, 360 ° photo, virtual photo event, wedding, real estate, etc.